Our client, a wholesale trading company, was able to manage their branch operations effectively and provide real-time visibility throughout several subsidiary locations with the help of reliable NetSuite OneWorld Solution.
The client is a Singapore-based leading wholesale supplier of newspaper industry material. The client has been in business for over 15 years, providing fast deliveries of products to the newspaper industry within the time frames promised.
The company aspires to be one of Asia’s largest raw material suppliers to the newspaper industry. Oracle NetSuite was already being used by the client in its Hong Kong office. When starting business in Singapore, they wished to add one additional subsidiary.
There are a few challenges that the client was facing before adopting NetSuite OneWorld.
- Primarily, the client deals with the raw material supply for the newspaper business. In order to serve local customers, the client’s parent-subsidiary and child subsidiaries carry out its business through its two subsidiaries in Hong Kong and Singapore
- One branch setup was causing problems for management in terms of getting consolidated reports
- They have been giving orders to their suppliers to restore the supply of the stock to improve the situation. This action had an impact on consumer resources and cash flow
- They have been using a Master sheet to link the sales orders (SO) and purchase orders (PO), but the system was not generating the desired results
- The client requires stock management features that block the stock in order to fix this issue and enhance the resource management process
- Dhruvsoft team proposed the client to implement a new Subsidiary/OneWorld solution
- Dhruvsoft team has helped to streamline the transactions on the Master sheet and consolidated reports
- Customer can now order the product from a subsidiary, and a PO can be created against that order so that there will be a link formed between the SO, PO, and master sheet
Technical/Business expertise used
Accomplished the project by implementing following NetSuite features / modules:
- NetSuite OneWorld
- SuiteScript 1.0 and 2.0
- Data import/export.
- Each child subsidiary may create its own fulfillment strategy in order to improve the quality of its company and customers
- Customers can buy with more confidence now that they will receive the products quickly against SO
- Further since the stock can be efficiently distributed inside the subsidiaries, there won’t be any need to buy the stock that has been kept unsold for months. This saves money and boosts overall profits
To know more about our experience in implementing NetSuite connect with our team of NetSuite Experts.